Best Paper Awards 2014
Best Research Paper
Dr. Clare Harvey
Eastern Institute of Technology
Mrs. Rhonda McKelvie
Safe Staffing Healthy Workplace Division
Dr. Mary Lou King
University of Calgary-Qatar
Best Student Paper
Ms. Jessica Asaro
Saginaw Valley State Unviersity
In Partnership With
Nursing practice is both a science and an art. It requires scientific skill yet demands a strong background in the social sciences and humanities. Nursing makes a significant contribution to the health maintenance, health promotion and well-being of individuals, local communities and populations. A major challenge for current and future nursing practice, education and management is to address health for all and work towards equity and access to health care. Nursing Conference aims to explore advances in nursing practice, management and education in relation to health disparities as well as a breadth of other topics. WNC will provide an opportunity for nursing practitioners and educators to exchange research evidence, models of best practice and innovative ideas.WNC 2015 provided a forum and opportunity for delegates from 60 individual universities and 22 countries to share their research, practice, and educational initiatives with an international audience.
4th Annual WNC for 2016 will focus on “The Role of Nursing in Leading and Advancing Global Health”.
WNC 2016 will focus on the following 6 streams:
- Advanced Practice Nursing and Global Perspectives
- Nursing Education and International Trends
- Nursing Leadership and Global Influence
- Cross-cultural Nursing and Models of Care
- International Nursing and Global Health
- Nursing and Integrated Care
2 KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
3 PLENARY SPEAKERS
|| Publications: All accepted papers and presented papers at the conference (GHC 2016) will be published either in the
- Journals: GSTF Journal of Nursing and Health Care (JNHC) (Print ISSN 2345-718X, E-periodical ISSN 2345-7198). All submitted papers will go through blind review process for acceptance. GSTF JNHC is hosted and published on Springer’s Open Access publishing platform - Global Science Journals (GSJ). In addition, it will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Cabell's Directories, and will be submitted to Pub Med Central, Scopus, ScienceDirect, Google Scholar, Index Copernicus amongst others.
- The Conference Proceedings Print ISSN: 2315-4330, E-Periodical ISSN: 2315-4349 will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb, will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect
and Cabell's Directories will be likely indexed by Pub Med Central amongst others, where applicable.
||Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "Contemporary Issues in Nursing: An International Perspective" to be published by GSTF & WSPC. The book will be edited by Prof. Violeta Lopez, Professor and Director of Research, Alice Lee Centre for Nursing Studies, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore and Assoc. Prof. Chris Kewley, Faculty of Health, Director of Post Graduate Studies, School of Nursing & Midwifery, University of Newcastle, Australia.
|Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
||WNC 2016 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
||Panel Proposals are invited for submission. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
GSTF Partner Universities
GSTF is a proud partner of 38 Universities around the globe.
For a complete list of GSTF Partner Universitie please visit : www.globalstf.org