WNC 2014 Best Paper Award
Best Research Paper
Dr. Clare Harvey
Eastern Institute of Technology
Mrs. Rhonda McKelvie
Safe Staffing Healthy Workplace Division
Dr. Mary Lou King
University of Calgary-Qatar
Best Student Paper
Ms. Jessica Asaro
Saginaw Valley State Unviersity
Global Science and Technology Forum
Nursing practice is both a science and an art. It requires scientific skill yet demands a strong background in the social sciences and humanities. Nursing makes a significant contribution to the health maintenance, health promotion and well-being of individuals, local communities and populations. A major challenge for current and future nursing practice, education and management is to address health for all and work towards equity and access to health care. Nursing Conference aims to explore advances in nursing practice, management and education in relation to health disparities as well as a breadth of other topics. WNC will provide an opportunity for nursing practitioners and educators to exchange research evidence, models of best practice and innovative ideas.
• The Conference Proceedings Print ISSN: 2315-4330, E-Periodical ISSN: 2315-4349 will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Ulrichsweb, will be submitted to Scopus, ScienceDirect
and Cabell's Directories will be likely indexed by Pub Med Central amongst others, where applicable.
• Journal: All authors who presented their papers at the conference will be invited to submit an extended version of their research paper for the GSTF Journal of Nursing and Health Care (JNHC) (Print ISSN 2345-718X, E-periodical ISSN 2345-7198). All submitted papers will go through blind review process for acceptance. All accepted papers (after the review process) will be included in the JNHC on a complimentary basis.
GSTF JNHC is hosted and published on Springer’s Open Access publishing platform - Global Science Journals (GSJ). In addition, it will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, ProQuest, Cabell's Directories, and will be submitted to Pub Med Central, Scopus, ScienceDirect, Google Scholar, Index Copernicus amongst others.
• Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "Contemporary Issues in Nursing: An International Perspective" to be published by GSTF & WSPC
• Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the
award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
• WNC 2015 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
• Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the WNC 2015. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic
will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
Keynote Address 2014
Assoc Prof Chris Kewley
Dr Mary Lou King & Doris Nussbaumer
Asst Prof Cheryl Portwood
Dr Dale Mueller
GSTF PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
GSTF is a proud partner of 36 Universities around the globe. For a complete list of GSTF Partner Universities, please visit: http://www.globalstf.org/partner-universities.php